Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Smoke

Well I've finally gone and started on Photographing some topics which I've been wanting to photograph. Started photographing Smoke. I set everything up in my bedroom. Used an antique Photo lamp I had acquired at an estate sale and set my flash on remote on a pile of books on my bed while I set up a back drop and table with burning incense so I could photograph the Smoke. The camera I own is an Olympus E-520 with Zuiko lenses.


The first set of pictures I took with the F-Stop at 22 the Shutter Speed at 50 and the ISO set to 400. TI took 16 photos with these settings on the camera, and then I changed the settings to F-Stop 11, Shutter speed at 100 and the ISO I left at 400.





I took 6 photographs at these settings with my 14-42 MM lens then followed it up with four photos using my 70-300 MM lens. Then I took four more photos with my 40-150 MM Lens and then I decided to play around a little.

Awhile back I had bought some screw on close up lens magnifiers. So I added the +4 to the 40-150 MM lens and shot another 3 more images.




After that I went and switched back to the 14-42 MM lens and added the +4 magnifier lens, with the +2 magnifier lens and followed that with the +1 magnifier lens and shot several more images.




And as just about everyone knows, not all photos come out the way you expect them to and sometimes not even with photoshop. I did use photoshop to try and enhance the smoke from the images, although some were not worth the attempt.





If you'd like to see more of my collection of smoke images you can visit my flickr page in the next couple of days. I'm hoping to have all the photos uploaded by then. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/druid64/.

No comments:

Post a Comment